Thread: Equal Recognition

Default Equal Recognition

Now, I know this is a far-fetched idea and it will probably not be accepted. But, I just wanted to put this out there.

In servers like Qualifiers or Finals, you know how the account holder receives a survivor banner or whatever accomplishment banner they got. I just think that the duals on the account should also be given a copy of that banner.Or maybe another new banner stating that they were duals on so and so account. This way everyone has equal recognition and it is a morale booster and a motivator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Customer Service Team Grasshopper's Avatar

Speaking in terms of account ownership and how this may be accomplished, there is really no system in place to allow recognition of any duals on an account.

Unlike in Travian: Kingdoms where duals have their own Lobby account and must be set as a dual on an account, duals are only "set" per se in Travian: Legends by giving them the login information to an account. Because of this any person may be a dual on an account at any time. There is no system in place to manage account duals, thus making it impossible to track and recognize duals on an account.

To expand on this a bit, even the "owner" of an account is not truly recognized with the special medals/banners/etc. Only the email address an account is registered with is recognized. If the "owner" of an account with a special medal were to register an account on a server and they registered with a different email than the one they used previously, they would not have access to any special medals they may have previously earned. Only an account registered with the email address of the account that earned the special medal would have access to the medal.

However, it may be possible that the developers and game designers will change the game in the future to allow direct management of account duals by the account owner. If this is done then it could definitely become possible for duals of an account to be recognized with medals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Speaking in terms of account ownership and how this may be accomplished, there is really no system in place to allow recognition of any duals on an account.

Unlike in Travian: Kingdoms where duals have their own Lobby account and must be set as a dual on an account, duals are only "set" per se in Travian: Legends by giving them the login information to an account. Because of this any person may be a dual on an account at any time. There is no system in place to manage account duals, thus making it impossible to track and recognize duals on an account.

To expand on this a bit, even the "owner" of an account is not truly recognized with the special medals/banners/etc. Only the email address an account is registered with is recognized. If the "owner" of an account with a special medal were to register an account on a server and they registered with a different email than the one they used previously, they would not have access to any special medals they may have previously earned. Only an account registered with the email address of the account that earned the special medal would have access to the medal.

However, it may be possible that the developers and game designers will change the game in the future to allow direct management of account duals by the account owner. If this is done then it could definitely become possible for duals of an account to be recognized with medals as well.
    By the "owner" I did mean the one who has the e-mail address containing said medals. I'm just saying it would be nice to keep track of the duals in some way so that they do not miss out on the fun. And if the duals want to defect from their current account and go to another account in the same server( which gets you banned ) there should be a way to allow that ... Something like a timer of sorts(like the one you get when you put your account on delete)
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Customer Service Team Dark Tower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I've heard on .NL that Legends is also changing to the Lobby Account system (at least for .NL, but I'm not sure when).
    Don't know if, and when .US will be switching, though.

Nothing has been mentioned for US but given they tried the lobby system before (MyGame) and use the lobby for kingdoms I suspect eventually it will be rolled out across all domains and servers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    And if the duals want to defect from their current account and go to another account in the same server( which gets you banned ) there should be a way to allow that ... Something like a timer of sorts(like the one you get when you put your account on delete)
    You can certainly do that now without being banned. The requirement is that you don't have password access to more than one account at the same time. If you wish to switch which account you are dualling on, you need to log off your current acccount, then have the owner change the password. You can then get the password to the new account and log in there. I'd recommend messaging the multihunter to say what you are doing as a precaution, but I've never seen any problems for people who move duals properly.

And despite playing for eight years I'm one of the players with no Travian medals at all because I moved last year and no longer have my old email account.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    You can certainly do that now without being banned. The requirement is that you don't have password access to more than one account at the same time. If you wish to switch which account you are dualling on, you need to log off your current acccount, then have the owner change the password. You can then get the password to the new account and log in there. I'd recommend messaging the multihunter to say what you are doing as a precaution, but I've never seen any problems for people who move duals properly.

And despite playing for eight years I'm one of the players with no Travian medals at all because I moved last year and no longer have my old email account.
    Then I think there should be a way to change your e-mail addresses. Not everyone hold on to their e-mail addresses for a decade. I have been playing for 9 years now and I have had to change my e-mail address lots of times. There should be way to enable us to transfer our perks to our desired e-mail address.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I have sent your sugestion for medals to HQ to discuss. tbh it would most likely be something that comes with the lobby system discussed.......

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    I have sent your sugestion for medals to HQ to discuss. tbh it would most likely be something that comes with the lobby system discussed.......
    Oh! Thank you
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Yeah, if you haven't looked at the lobby system in Kingdoms, it's a dramatic improvement. You only have one account. That account can log into any game world. If you want to add a dual or sitter to a server, you link their lobby account to that server. And since you use the same account for every server, you can earn persistent achievements that follow you from one server to the next.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

I have played one round on Kingdoms and I'm not a fan. It doesn't seem like Travian anymore.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.