Thread: Expansion slots

Default Expansion slots

OK... this is a confusing question but i need it answered.

So lets say Player 1 has 4 villages: A, B, C, D. So A used an expansion slot to make B, and B used an expansion slot to make C, and C used an expansion slot to make D.... You with me so far.... So i come along and conquer B... Now that village has one used up expansion slot going to C.... If I were to conquer C with a chief from another village it would take up that expansion slot from that village, but would it free the expansion slot from B going to C?

what are expansion slots?
    this is what happens when you attack my town with my wall...

im pretty sure i folled you there, but no it wont take up that expansion slot, but it will take theexpansion slot that you can and conqured that village with.

I am asking if it will free up the expansion slot at village B(the first village of the guy that I conquered), because now I want to conquer C with one of my village, but B already has an expansion slot taken up with village C in it... I want to know if the expansion slot will free up on village B if I conquer C.

simply put, yes they will be able to build new settlers/conquers after they lose that village, it has recently happened to me

Errr.... I don't want to know if they can build more settlers.... i want to know If I can.... I conquer the village B which used an expansion slot to settle C. SO it says at B that I have to go lvl 20 residence to settle and blah blah blah... Now when i go to expansion slots the village that is taking it up is the other guys' village "C".... If I TAKE C will i be able to settle a village(or conquer) one at a lvl 10 residence... IN OTHER WORDS.... will the expansion slot holding C drop out from the village "B" and go into the village I conquer it with, or will they both stay.

if you take their village after they founded another village then yes once you get it you will be able to get 2 more villages or 3 if you make it your capital. The conquered village no longer has ties to the one that was found from it.... other wise if you conquered a village you would get every village associated with it

except for the first villages, all villages use just one expansion slot. So in your exaple, your victum origdanally used a slot in A for B, a slot in B for C, and a slot in C for D. You then used a slot in one of your villages freeing the slot in A that created B. If someone takes C then the slot in B that created it will be freed
    Quote Originally Posted by mslit View Post
    Actually, what would make this game complete is an elephant archer. Yes, that's right, a little tiny guy running around with a great big bow that launches elephants!

(I'd put Bella's too, but she doesn't need the help....)

Quote Originally Posted by Governer_Hunter View Post
    except for the first villages, all villages use just one expansion slot. So in your exaple, your victum origdanally used a slot in A for B, a slot in B for C, and a slot in C for D. You then used a slot in one of your villages freeing the slot in A that created B. If someone takes C then the slot in B that created it will be freed
    Are you sure... because so far you are the only one who has answered my question.... Lets hope your right. Thanks

yeah I'm sure
    Actually, what would make this game complete is an elephant archer. Yes, that's right, a little tiny guy running around with a great big bow that launches elephants!

Quote Originally Posted by Governer_Hunter View Post
    yeah I'm sure
    Ok well thank you very much... that answer makes me happy, but someone else is going to be sad

I'm fairly sure this is incorrect... but not completely sure.

At the very least, the poster who stated something about village ties is wrong. I know this because I recently conquered a village from someone who had previously used it to found another, and their village was on my new villages expansion slots. It only disappeared after this player deleted.

I am fairly certain that conquering a village belonging to another player does not free up that player's past expansion slots, but it's hard to say because it has yet to happen to me.

I was under the impression that the only way to re-open an expansion slot is to have the village be completely destroyed.

ok let's have the villages again
    A>B>C>D
    player conquires B from village P
    A
    P>B>C>D
    player conquires C from Villiage R
    A
    P>B
    R>C>D

I don't think I could make it simpler

Wow, this is a tricky one. I also was under the impression that the only way to open up an expansion slot is for the village to be destroyed. However, if that's the case, then that means that "C" would be taking up TWO expansion slots.... Both B's and R's. Have to wait for a mod to put their thoughts in on this, or at least someone who knows for sure. I'm interested to know the answer too!