View Poll Results: Gold use...

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I actively use gold.

62 71.26%
  • Yes, I used gold early on, but not now.

7 8.05%
  • Yes, I use gold for rebuilding after being attacked, but only occasionally.

8 9.20%
  • No, never used the stuff.

10 11.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Users

Farmhand

Default Gold Users

Just curious... You don't have to post if you want your response to be anonymous...

~N~

I use gold like a 1980s soccer mom. I have been known to instabuild a whole village in one day, I NPC several times a day, in more than one village.
    US6 - Tibeerious
    US7 - Foreverlost
    US2 - Tibeerious
    US1 - Big fat hairy secret for now(not tibeerious but not ranked 500+ either)
    Of all the world's tribes, I like the diatribe best. Edward Abbey

About $12 a month - 2 of the 2nd packages does the trick. Plus and bonus on wheat. I don't see how you can play without the plus features. They should be free!
    Join me! http://s6.travian.us/allianz.php?aid=3280
    8 more years, 8 more years, 8 more years!!

If you're not using at least the wheat bonus, you're way behind. Plus lvl 18 fields seem to take forever, not anymore. :P

Banned.

I have no money. just use the 35 gold in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M. View Post
    I have no money. just use the 35 gold in the beginning.
    Gold its the new Crack. I spend 25 bucks a month and supply my habit by selling unwanted stuff on ebay

On the first 2 servers that I played on, I did not use gold other than the 35 you got in the beginning. Now, I use gold from everything from Plus to redistribute my resorces for builds. I usually spend about $25 per month and that works for me.

I just wish that I could have Plus without spending the gold. It does give and advantage to those who wish to pay for their advancements...

I am guilty of using gold.
    I haven't been using as much as I once did but I still use too much.

I don't feel too awful about using gold, the kids only went without bread and milk once or twice.

The only gold I use is the 35 that you get in the beginning. Although, I have gotten quite a bit from other players joining, so that I guess I should count too. But spent money on gold, no, not yet.

I only use them when a building would take more than 2 hours to build and for the Plus account. That's it.

I have a feeling anyone with a developed cropper must have either bought gold or had a bunch of referrals. I just do not see how you could it otherwise.

That's not true. Lots and lots of feeders. That's all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    That's not true. Lots and lots of feeders. That's all it takes.
    What about timewise? It takes over 10 days to do a level 19 even with a level 20 main building.
    AKA Chaos
    us6r1 -Chaos KGB
    us2r3- 3 Floyds Brew
    us8r1-Nette TNT
    us4r2-Failpie- PWNY
    us4r3- Juggernaut PEWBA
    us4r4- Gauls Gone Wild SWINES then PWNY
    us4r5- SuckedIn Rabid PWNYs
    us2r6- Briares Funtards
    Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Hell Chaos, we have ALWAYS tried to be like PWNY.

So you consider a 'developed' cropper to have lvl 19 wheat fields? I would consider that 'WELL developed'.

So you consider a 'developed' cropper to have lvl 19 wheat fields? I would consider that 'WELL developed'.
    I guess lvl 18s could be called "well developed" and 19s called "fully developed" if you prefer. We certainly aren't talking about lvl 10 fields.

That's why you are you, and we are we. A cap aint done till it's 19'd.
    Hooray Beer!

Please tell me why you would stop at level 18 fields.
    AKA Chaos
    us6r1 -Chaos KGB
    us2r3- 3 Floyds Brew
    us8r1-Nette TNT
    us4r2-Failpie- PWNY
    us4r3- Juggernaut PEWBA
    us2r6- Briares Funtards

Quote Originally Posted by Briares View Post
    Please tell me why you would stop at level 18 fields.
    Because level 19 fields have horrible return on investment. Granted, better to invest in level 19 fields than have resources go to waste, but only barely.

Quite frankly you could tech and upgrade your defenders to level 20 in all your feeders before it makes sense to build level 19 fields.

I think a defensive oriented player may be better off stopping at 18 and increasing troop building capacity. Endgame hammers are a different matter and the guys who have them may need those 19s, but I'm not entirely convinced.

I'm not sure that level 19 fields aren't more about ego than anything else. They are a whole order of magnitude harder to build than level 18 fields.
    US6 - Tibeerious
    US7 - Foreverlost
    US2 - Tibeerious

What about timewise? It takes over 10 days to do a level 19 even with a level 20 main building.
    Even if you were to stop at lvl 18. Those take what? 8 days roughly.

It's important to realize that we are talking about a 15c cap here. So, 700 xtra per day per field equals 7,560,000 per month. I think that's substantial.
    Hooray Beer!

I would use gold, but I realy think it is a little late in the server to just start using it now.
    Last edited by protoss; 12-16-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    Click here and here to make me happy

-protoss
    please note, That I may post about pie, but don't panic, It may just be a drill

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Ok, send me an invite, my IGN is Chester The Molester.

My village names are: Old Van and Little Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by scrantonian View Post
    It's important to realize that we are talking about a 15c cap here. So, 700 xtra per day per field equals 7,560,000 per month. I think that's substantial.
    I do spreadsheets. For me upgrading one of my 18s to 19 would mean an additional 1,000 per hour wheat. 732,000 per month. For that I only have to invest 2,551,735 in resources. It takes 3.5 months of increased production just to break even. The server will not last 3.5 more months, therefore 19s are only good for convienience or ego.
    US6 - Tibeerious
    US7 - Foreverlost
    US2 - Tibeerious

i would say on a normal day i instabuild once and npc twice. i always run all the resource bonuses and plus. ive done this since about midgame. i didnt use gold when i started. travian was more of a hobby than an addiction then.

i dont think ive burnt more than 250 gold in one day from instabuilding and npc.

its not like it costs much.

i think the lvl 18 vs lvl 19 war also depends on ur wheat bonus and when you can get it done.

unless you have over 125% bonus and are aready 1/2 done w/19's at this point its prob a waste imo.
    Last edited by Non_Pinko; 12-16-2008 at 01:37 AM.
    s6.us-| Cheech
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulaguy View Post
    I'm a little upset, I got de-repped for calling kamikaze bullies, even though I'm in kamikaze.
    I did laugh a little because when I read my de-rep, it stated, "yeah we are". Ok so I laughed quite a bit, but big meanies!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elfuaso View Post
    I didn't even bother sending. I messaged my target and told him I was attacking him 3 days ago. When it came time to send he had already deleted.
    wow, I think a KGB guy just derepped me for saying 6U still has a chance. :headwall

insta building early on can be extremely helpful putting yourself ahead of other payers as far as growth and resource production.

With 300 or so gold you can insta build yourself all your fieds and bonus buildings in one day. That instantly gives you over 5,000 more resources per hour. Well worth it early on. At this point though your feeder towns should already be established, and 5k resources per hour is not a huge gain.
    s1 r4 Yak dual
    s6r1 Coffeene AKA Moop
    s8 iHurtU

I only use the gold I get from bonuses for getting people to join, which I hit the jackpot awhile ago and over 100 people joined. I've brang in 61 so far
    Last edited by Kylekc; 12-16-2008 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sim View Post
    Because level 19 fields have horrible return on investment. Granted, better to invest in level 19 fields than have resources go to waste, but only barely.

Quite frankly you could tech and upgrade your defenders to level 20 in all your feeders before it makes sense to build level 19 fields.

I think a defensive oriented player may be better off stopping at 18 and increasing troop building capacity. Endgame hammers are a different matter and the guys who have them may need those 19s, but I'm not entirely convinced.

I'm not sure that level 19 fields aren't more about ego than anything else. They are a whole order of magnitude harder to build than level 18 fields.
    comparing hammers to anvils

If you're near a net wheat production of zero, then you might as well go to level 19 fields. I think there are many people on the server who are in that situation right now. The choices are:

1. Waste resources and stop building troops
    2. NPC merchant 27 times+ a day (once per city?) to convert other resources to wheat to feed troops
    3. Build level 19 fields

Option 3 looks the best to me even though (if it you haven't done it yet) the investment might not fully pay off by the time the server closes.
    s6: David Hume

If you're super active enough and love settling villages, there's always just mass partying and upgrading feeders.

But no one likes to do that >.>
    -Chance is the only constant.

Go *edit* yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by elfuaso View Post
    If you're super active enough and love settling villages, there's always just mass partying and upgrading feeders.

But no one likes to do that >.>
    Some people do.
    US6 - Tibeerious
    US7 - Foreverlost
    US2 - Tibeerious

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sim View Post
    I do spreadsheets. For me upgrading one of my 18s to 19 would mean an additional 1,000 per hour wheat. 732,000 per month. For that I only have to invest 2,551,735 in resources. It takes 3.5 months of increased production just to break even. The server will not last 3.5 more months, therefore 19s are only good for convienience or ego.
    You're not taking into account that lvl 19 fields produce wheat, and other fields produce stuff that isn't wheat.

Compare the return on investment of the average gold cost per field, compared to the gold cost of converting the unused resources from not making the 19 field into wheat for the rest of the server.

Then add in the storage space for the granaries that would allow you to NPC it and still hold on to it.

Then add in the time required to regularly transfer the wheat from your granary stockpile to wherever your troops need it (if your merchants are available in the first place).

From a pure resource perspective, it probably is a waste unless you get them to 19 as early as Lordy did. Otherwise, it is more of a convenience issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Pinko View Post
    i would say on a normal day i instabuild once and npc twice. i always run all the resource bonuses and plus. ive done this since about midgame. i didnt use gold when i started. travian was more of a hobby than an addiction then.

i dont think ive burnt more than 250 gold in one day from instabuilding and npc.

i think the lvl 18 vs lvl 19 war also depends on ur wheat bonus and when you can get it done.

unless you have over 125% bonus and are aready 1/2 done w/19's at this point its prob a waste imo.
    So is today a normal day? Or have you been using a little more gold?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Mac View Post
    So is today a normal day? Or have you been using a little more gold?

What kjnd of advise do you give for people that have their fields rocked in their capial at this point?
    s1 r4 Yak dual
    s6r1 Coffeene AKA Moop
    s8 iHurtU

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    What kjnd of advise do you give for people that have their fields rocked in their capial at this point?
    You can enter the measuring contest with arty.

it is more of a convenience issue
    Convenience and ego. Still, there are cropper feeders, a 15c with level 10 fields and a 100% is my idea of the perfect feeder at this stage of the game, I think I will go make one now.
    US6 - Tibeerious
    US7 - Foreverlost
    US2 - Tibeerious

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemus View Post
    Just curious... You don't have to post if you want your response to be anonymous...

~N~
    Im way up there on Itsme lvl of using gold.
    I buy about $75 of gold each month.
    gRE3N 4 SENATOR!

Quote Originally Posted by gRE3N View Post
    Im way up there on Itsme lvl of using gold.
    I buy about $75 of gold each month.
    I thought you didn't have your account anymore. Also, are you on S4 gRE3N?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcey View Post
    I thought you didn't have your account anymore. Also, are you on S4 gRE3N?
    I took over a friends account on S6, now Im in WE.
    And I gave a friend who wanted to play my old one.
    I still sit my old account, but thats about it.

Yea I was on S4 but I had a diff. name.
    Last edited by gRE3N; 12-16-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    gRE3N 4 SENATOR!

green (adjective)- to be inexperienced or unsure. to lack wisdom or fore sight.

wow, shall i give the definition for irony next? oops, i think i just did.
    Hooray Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by gRE3N View Post
    I took over a friends account on S6, now Im in WE.
    And I gave a friend who wanted to play my old one.
    I still sit my old account, but thats about it.

Yea I was on S4 but I had a diff. name.
    Yes, I know who you are on S4. I saw the ign gr33n and figured it out.

Now, can you guess who I am? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcey View Post
    Yes, I know who you are on S4. I saw the ign gr33n and figured it out.

Now, can you guess who I am? LOL!
    But the real question is can you guess my s4 ign?

Hint: look at my sig.
    AKA Chaos
    us6r1 -Chaos KGB
    us2r3- 3 Floyds Brew
    us8r1-Nette TNT
    us4r2-Failpie- PWNY
    us4r3- Juggernaut PEWBA
    us2r6- Briares Funtards