Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Letters from Iwo Jima

  1. #1

    Default Letters from Iwo Jima

    Great movie. If you liked flags of our fathers this is the Japanese version. Most of it is in Japanese so a lot of subtitles. But I think there is much more fighting, and battle scenes.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eKpDGEbaEk

    ^part one. There is 17 parts.

  2. #2
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Correction. Its not a great film, its an absolute masterpiece. A lot of people will get turned off by the subject and the subtitles, but I can't recommend it enough.

  3. #3
    Artisan what777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Behind your back with a knife...
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupt Monk View Post
    Correction. Its not a great film, its an absolute masterpiece. A lot of people will get turned off by the subject and the subtitles, but I can't recommend it enough.
    I agree. It's a GREAT movie! I saw both movie's. Read both books. They ROCK!!
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nrqtgcis-2.png
    Signature by Burton

    GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

  4. #4
    Philosopher CatterLee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Is there one with no subtitles at all? The subtitles distract me.

  5. #5
    Tradesperson koolaidekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    goodyearrr
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by add2 View Post
    Great movie. If you liked flags of our fathers this is the Japanese version. Most of it is in Japanese so a lot of subtitles. But I think there is much more fighting, and battle scenes.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eKpDGEbaEk

    ^part one. There is 17 parts.
    I liked It Better That Flags Of Our Fathers. That One Was Boring.
    http://view.playlist.com/13725574155
    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Guy View Post
    Honestly, I just prefer heroin. Much less work on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neran View Post
    Whatever you do, just don't get caught smoking Smarties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
    In case of drug withdrawal symptoms, break koolaide's glass signature and inhale drugs.

  6. #6
    Philosopher Mr.Hero17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northrend
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    I liked it alot, the action scenes were great and I wish there had been more of them.

  7. #7
    Villager Erik The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ehh...Daddy? Where do we live?
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Buy the film at a shop, or download for free on www.piratebay.com (you need some kind of torrent program to download. Plus VLC media player)

  8. #8
    Merchant JoanTyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bugga off
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Question, while the Americans bombed the mountain for 3 days why didn't the tunnels collapse?

  9. #9

    Default

    That type of rock is very strong. It does break and just makes more rock. They also reinforced the tunnels, with whatever they had.

  10. #10
    Philosopher Nichts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USS Yorktown
    Posts
    11,751

    Default

    I'll definitely be watching this movie. I started it, and it looks really good.

  11. #11
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CatterLee View Post
    Is there one with no subtitles at all? The subtitles distract me.
    The whole idea of the film is about telling the story of Iwo Jima from a Japanese perspective, it wouldn't be very realistic if they all spoke with English accents.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupt Monk View Post
    The whole idea of the film is about telling the story of Iwo Jima from a Japanese perspective, it wouldn't be very realistic if they all spoke with English accents.
    Maybe (s)he understands Japanese?
    a.k.a. Manther

    S4: S4r3- Jazzy Jeff *deleted* DED (S4r2 -Teezy WP)
    S2: (S2r2 - Irishhawk) S3r3 - d0b
    usX:
    History of us4
    Glip be pimpin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I think PEWBA gets the bronze medal, RC gets the silver and Ded got the gold.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •