Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Calcuting troop incoming consumption by scouting

  1. #1

    Default Calcuting troop incoming consumption by scouting

    Hey i know that you can calculate the number of troop per consumption of wheat by scouting the attacking village with 1 minute apart. I did that and i have the reports so i wanted to the formulae to calculate that.

  2. #2
    Consul Sirveri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vishesh9 View Post
    Hey i know that you can calculate the number of troop per consumption of wheat by scouting the attacking village with 1 minute apart. I did that and i have the reports so i wanted to the formulae to calculate that.
    depends on the village it is coming from.

    Full 15c, 4500 - building + troop consumption
    Full 9c, 2700 - same
    6c, 1800 - same

    Adjust by wheat oasis so if 50% wheat on a 15c that is 6k, 7.5k if they have gold.

    wheat is per hour. 1/60. So if they're -15k then that's 15/60 = .25 = 250 wheat/min.

    So since you know the per minute number, you can then output the wheat/hr number by simply multiplying it by 60 and then adding a value listed above and adjusted if you think they're using gold.
    Last edited by Sirveri; 06-20-2010 at 09:00 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

  3. #3
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    I don't know what sirveri is trying to calculate but all you need to do is:
    (wheat value 1 - wheat value 2)*60
    ^ this assumes 2 scouts hitting exactly 1 minute apart. Otherwise you need to adjust your multiplier according to the amount of time that passed.

    That will give you the amount of wheat being used in that village per hour.

    It doesn't, however, tell you where those troops are headed, or even if they are traveling at all (could be hidden in an oasis).
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  4. #4
    Consul Wren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    So Chi you thought I was bashful
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    You really can't determine that. Nothing prevents the attack from being a single-unit fake.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU


  5. #5
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    under the bridge
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    You really can't determine that. Nothing prevents the attack from being a single-unit fake.
    This is true, but at least you could have a good indication of the possible attacking force. And depending on what knowledge you have (if he/she is attacking others for example), you could then make the decision whether to reinforce and defend or dodge.
    Last edited by Maw; 06-21-2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelling

  6. #6

    Default

    Nice.
    Yes this would allow you to calculate a ceiling on the amount of troops he has, and so a fake from a feeder would be obvious.

    There are a few necessary assumptions you need to make, but you should be able to spot the difference between a hammer and a feeder fairly easily.

    One thing I would do to prevent your numbers being off due to builds/raids/merchants to to spread out 4-5 scouting missions over 4-5 minutes.

  7. #7
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palefreyman View Post
    One thing I would do to prevent your numbers being off due to builds/raids/merchants to to spread out 4-5 scouting missions over 4-5 minutes.
    If a person has a proper amount of defending scouts, sending 4-5 separate scouting raids is very expensive for information which may, or may not, be useful.

    Besides, 3 would be the maximum truly needed.
    One set of merchants raids, etc., coming back in the window between your scouts is possible, but having it happen again in the next window only a minute or so later? No, the next set(s) would be a waste, IMO.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    I don't know what sirveri is trying to calculate but all you need to do is:
    (wheat value 1 - wheat value 2)*60
    ^ this assumes 2 scouts hitting exactly 1 minute apart. Otherwise you need to adjust your multiplier according to the amount of time that passed.

    That will give you the amount of wheat being used in that village per hour.

    It doesn't, however, tell you where those troops are headed, or even if they are traveling at all (could be hidden in an oasis).
    Sirveri is also including the village what production and village pop. Depending on how far along the server is, that may be a significant difference in the number of troops not visible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    You really can't determine that. Nothing prevents the attack from being a single-unit fake.
    It's prone to false positives, but it can very accurately tell you when a player is only faking. But really I do it just as much to see how large the hammer may be that is potentially moving to better determine how much defense needs to go to each player. Scout artifact players working with defense organizers can make the job much easier. More often than not the attacking player never even knows they were scouted, and you can do it again the next time.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    If a person has a proper amount of defending scouts, sending 4-5 separate scouting raids is very expensive for information which may, or may not, be useful.

    Besides, 3 would be the maximum truly needed.
    One set of merchants raids, etc., coming back in the window between your scouts is possible, but having it happen again in the next window only a minute or so later? No, the next set(s) would be a waste, IMO.
    3 would give you two splits. If you get a variance which is correct? 4 missions gives you three splits allowing to discard the messed up reading with confidence. 5 missions might be pushing it...

  10. #10
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Considering that any information you get is speculative at best anyway, you're wasting a lot of scouts for very little gain. If there is a large variance between 1-2 and 2-3, you can still make an educated guess that he just got some sort of shipment/raid return etc and use the other report set.

    If 1-2 tells you he's at -80k/hr and 2-3 tells you he's at -40k, then either he just splatted half of his hammer or he got 40k in wheat that happened to hit btwn 2 and 3.

    Of course, if you're known for 5-waves of scoutings, and he happens to be online for the first hit, it is quite easy using the marketplace, NPC and rein/recall to completely skew all of your readings... and now where are you? Out a ton of scouts with no useful information at all... you'll need to now send another 5 waves of scouts...

    OR, you can just send 2 waves with a smaller window. The farther you are into the sever, the closer together you can send scout waves, bringing the chances of outside influence down to pretty close to 0.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    OR, you can just send 2 waves with a smaller window. The farther you are into the sever, the closer together you can send scout waves, bringing the chances of outside influence down to pretty close to 0.
    That makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •