Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: LulzSec got Nintendo!

  1. #1
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  2. #2
    Philosopher El Che's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Smalltimore
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    didn't know nintendo had an online, all my cartridges are in the freezer anyway

  3. #3
    Philosopher Nortac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S&T!
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    I liked the part where they asked nintendo if they wanted sony hacked more. Funny stuff.

  4. #4

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Feh. They be messin' with my entertainment. Why don't they go hack some serious ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  5. #5

    StealthSigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cocoon
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    LulzSec has been trying to claim they're on a "righteous crusade" and others have tried to compare them to Robin Hood. Their callous disregard for collateral damage to innocents pretty much destroys either claims. Apparently, causing potentially financial harm to millions of people just to stick it to Sony constitutes "righteous".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Let me tell you, used tranny fluid tastes nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    I know I do a lot of the finger

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Feh. They be messin' with my entertainment. Why don't they go hack some serious ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthSigma View Post
    LulzSec has been trying to claim they're on a "righteous crusade" and others have tried to compare them to Robin Hood. Their callous disregard for collateral damage to innocents pretty much destroys either claims. Apparently, causing potentially financial harm to millions of people just to stick it to Sony constitutes "righteous".
    I'd like them to hack some banks and figure out how many people are evading taxes by hiding their assets in tax havens
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...c/31054ce9.jpg
    Oooohhh shiny favourite alien award!
    http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eForeigner.png
    tunaman43 11:25 PM
    BUT ITS RAINING RAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden
    One man's nightmare is another man's kinky fantasy.

  7. #7
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthSigma View Post
    LulzSec has been trying to claim they're on a "righteous crusade" and others have tried to compare them to Robin Hood. Their callous disregard for collateral damage to innocents pretty much destroys either claims. Apparently, causing potentially financial harm to millions of people just to stick it to Sony constitutes "righteous".
    I understand when Anonymous did it, but this is just pointless. They aren't even accomplishing anything by going after Nintendo, and for Sony they are making millions of people's personal information available to anyone.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  8. #8

    Default

    Neopets ....... time that will never be re-gained ....... ever

    However, I agree with the last, and its safe to know that idiots wont hack my boat's navigation and radar while I sing and dance about being on a boat dressed up as Jack Sparra

    On a more serious note though, I do think they are idiotic due to their pointless actions. I mean, hacking a company simply to say you hacked them without stealing info because they "don't want to steal info" (more like too scared to steal it and face being caught and sentenced for stealing instead of being ignored for a simple hack that caused no damage) simply makes them seem like, oh yeah we can hack, but we don't have the cajones to actually steal private info.

    I mean, there is no point in hacking just to say/prove that you can hack a company.

  9. #9
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    Neopets ....... time that will never be re-gained ....... ever

    However, I agree with the last, and its safe to know that idiots wont hack my boat's navigation and radar while I sing and dance about being on a boat dressed up as Jack Sparra

    On a more serious note though, I do think they are idiotic due to their pointless actions. I mean, hacking a company simply to say you hacked them without stealing info because they "don't want to steal info" (more like too scared to steal it and face being caught and sentenced for stealing instead of being ignored for a simple hack that caused no damage) simply makes them seem like, oh yeah we can hack, but we don't have the cajones to actually steal private info.

    I mean, there is no point in hacking just to say/prove that you can hack a company.
    LulzSec was the one who stole the private information, including credit card information, of over a million people from Sony.

    Nintendo probably had at least a decent system, unlike Sony, who kept all that information unencrypted. Trust me, there's a reason they didn't get information from Nintendo.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  10. #10

    Default

    They stated they weren't trying to get information from Nintendo, nor did they even attack a server that had any personal information on it.

    Honestly I find it kinda pathetic on both Sony's and Lulzsec's part. Sony should have better security, but at the same time if Lulzsec is trying to "do good" for the community, then how does revealing personal information to the world do accomplish that?

    Slight relevance:

    Last edited by Seth; 06-08-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    [4:50 PM] <Jamie> Also I'm NDA
    [8:49 AM] <Josh> Angry saffy is always angry
    [8:49 AM] <Saffy> ^ that too

  11. #11
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    They stated they weren't trying to get information from Nintendo, nor did they even attack a server that had any personal information on it.

    Honestly I find it kinda pathetic on both Sony's and Lulzsec's part. Sony should have better security, but at the same time if Lulzsec is trying to "do good" for the community, then how does revealing personal information to the world do accomplish that?
    It just seems like they are desperately trying to be like Anonymous... But aren't near as good at it.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    It just seems like they are desperately trying to be like Anonymous... But aren't near as good at it.
    Oh, i thought they were a broken off sect of Anonymous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  13. #13
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Oh, i thought they were a broken off sect of Anonymous.
    Not from what I understand, they're completely separate. Looks like they just stepped in after Anon left the PSN in shambles.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Not from what I understand, they're completely separate. Looks like they just stepped in after Anon left the PSN in shambles.
    Oh, that's where i got it from. Anon original hacked it and these are the new**** who want to take credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  15. #15
    Philosopher Nortac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S&T!
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Not from what I understand, they're completely separate. Looks like they just stepped in after Anon left the PSN in shambles.
    Okay, so Anon hacked the PSN, then Lulzsec came in after and hacked the PSN again as part of their so-called "righteous crusade"? Lame. Seems to me like they just want the same amount of attention that Anon's getting.

  16. #16
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortac View Post
    Okay, so Anon hacked the PSN, then Lulzsec came in after and hacked the PSN again as part of their so-called "righteous crusade"? Lame. Seems to me like they just want the same amount of attention that Anon's getting.
    They didn't hack the PSN, just some Sony servers that stored customer information. What they hacked had nothing to do with the PSN.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    They didn't hack the PSN, just some Sony servers that stored customer information. What they hacked had nothing to do with the PSN.
    I could look it up on ED, but i'm lazy, why did they hack PSN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  18. #18
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I could look it up on ED, but i'm lazy, why did they hack PSN?
    Anon hacked PSN because they could, or something. I don't know. Sony ****** over a lot of people when they decided to cracked down super hard on the firmware that was on the PS3. Including the Airforce, which had been using multiple PS3's networked together, imaged with Linux, to run their flight simulators. After Sony had a few reports of people enabling god mode in various games online they decided it was time to make it where no one could change the firmware on the machine without voiding the warranty. Dunno if that's why they did it, probably a lot of Anon raging about having their accounts banned because the wiggle room Sony gave them to start with was taken away, who knows. Either way, Anon took PSN down for about a month, causing the leaks of a lot of peoples credit card info (Fairly few people had charges on their cards, but still...). It cost Sony well over 100 million to fix all the problems.

    Sooo... I don't know what the hell LulzSec is doing besides trying to ********** for no reason.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Anon hacked PSN because they could, or something. I don't know. Sony ****** over a lot of people when they decided to cracked down super hard on the firmware that was on the PS3. Including the Airforce, which had been using multiple PS3's networked together, imaged with Linux, to run their flight simulators. After Sony had a few reports of people enabling god mode in various games online they decided it was time to make it where no one could change the firmware on the machine without voiding the warranty. Dunno if that's why they did it, probably a lot of Anon raging about having their accounts banned because the wiggle room Sony gave them to start with was taken away, who knows. Either way, Anon took PSN down for about a month, causing the leaks of a lot of peoples credit card info (Fairly few people had charges on their cards, but still...). It cost Sony well over 100 million to fix all the problems.

    Sooo... I don't know what the hell LulzSec is doing besides trying to ********** for no reason.
    Usually Anon has good reason...like those damn Scientologists...but i don't know if firmware seems good enough a reason. They cost Sony an estimated $171 million.

    Edit: I guess ED is no longer available? :/ I guess it's pretty much that, Sony sued a PS3 hacker who ranked high up in Anonymous.
    Last edited by Sapient; 06-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  20. #20
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Usually Anon has good reason...like those damn Scientologists...but i don't know if firmware seems good enough a reason. They cost Sony an estimated $171 million.
    If they had banned the accounts for a lot of people for it, which again, not sure if they did since I don't have a PS3 and didn't even know anything about all this till it was already happening, Anon could have raged over the "injustice" of being banned for modding.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    If they had banned the accounts for a lot of people for it, which again, not sure if they did since I don't have a PS3 and didn't even know anything about all this till it was already happening, Anon could have raged over the "injustice" of being banned for modding.
    The modding and linux imaging aspect (with some okay games) was one of the only reasons i would consider getting a PS3, now that those are gone, who wants one? Btw, i linked Anon's reason above (as told by them, not AnonNews, ED is now ohinternet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  22. #22
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    The modding and linux imaging aspect (with some okay games) was one of the only reasons i would consider getting a PS3, now that those are gone, who wants one? Btw, i linked Anon's reason above (as told by them, not AnonNews, ED is now ohinternet).
    AH!! Ok... GeoHotz, or George Hotz apparently, was the one they were suing because he developed the crack for the firmware which led to the rampant god mode spammers on games like Call of Duty where they would have infinite ammo and bottomless clip.

    They really came after him hard, dunno what happened with it all though. It's all probably still going on.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  23. #23

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Sony went after a pair of guys who 'broke' a PS3 and developed a way to pirate, and they went after them hardcore. From what I heard, that's why Anon went after them and I can dig that, except it screwed with the wrong people.
    The second group are ******** who spend too much time behind the monitor. They hurt the customers more than anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  24. #24
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Honestly I find it kinda pathetic on both Sony's and Lulzsec's part. Sony should have better security, but at the same time if Lulzsec is trying to "do good" for the community, then how does revealing personal information to the world do accomplish that?
    If they don't do anything with the information, it will get Sony to have better security?

  25. #25

    Woden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    If they don't do anything with the information, it will get Sony to have better security?
    Well... the problem with that is that they left out the information for exactly how to get at all that sensitive personal information, so even if they don't do anything with it, it is almost certain that someone else will. You can't fix a security problem instantly, after all.

    It was a complete ***hole move on their part; they're victimizing Sony's customers because they either have a problem with Sony (based on their comments with Nintendo), or because they felt like it. And, quite frankly, this is exactly the sort of problem that I have with anonymous groups of internet vigilantes; they, generally speaking, don't give a **** about all the people they hurt in their little crusades, and often don't even spare a thought for the fact that there will be victims.

  26. #26
    Philosopher Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    <insert something witty here>
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    Well... the problem with that is that they left out the information for exactly how to get at all that sensitive personal information, so even if they don't do anything with it, it is almost certain that someone else will. You can't fix a security problem instantly, after all.

    It was a complete ***hole move on their part; they're victimizing Sony's customers because they either have a problem with Sony (based on their comments with Nintendo), or because they felt like it. And, quite frankly, this is exactly the sort of problem that I have with anonymous groups of internet vigilantes; they, generally speaking, don't give a **** about all the people they hurt in their little crusades, and often don't even spare a thought for the fact that there will be victims.
    They made the information available for download to anyone. It wasn't one of those hack, then send the information to the company so they can better their security type things.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

  27. #27

    Woden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,602

    Default

    Rereading my post, I think I phrased that first sentence poorly... I meant "left out" in the sense of "left it out on the counter," not in the sense of "left it out of the report." Probably should have caught that before posting it. =/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •