4 11.76%
  • Tim Pawlenty

0 0%
  • Other

6 17.65%
  • Not planning on voting

2 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are you hoping will win the presidency in the 2012 election?

Consul

Default Who are you hoping will win the presidency in the 2012 election?

So, of the current list of committed candidates, who has your vote (or would if you are not able to vote)? Is there any serious potential candidate you'd like to see enter the fray? Or, are you so ticked off right now that you're not going to vote for anyone?

At this point, my vote is going for Obama and I really don't see that changing but, of the other candidates Gary Johnson, Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul hold some interest for me.
    Last edited by jdurand; 07-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.

I am going with Obama. But its more because the last thing we need is a republican then because I like him.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img690/5194/m...crewmember.jpg
    s7 r1 - Quinnito/KWC (Gemini) s7 r2 - Kazumodo (frenchmaids) s7 r3 Smokey
    s1 r3 - Nemain (DSP)
    s5x - Pootang (DB!)

I'll be surprised if a Democrat wins it. Very surprised. It'll break a 20+ year tradition of Canada and the States having ruling parties/presidents leaning the same way. In fact, the last time that it was different (other than Obama winning in '08, and we had a minority government here) was when Nixon was in power in the early 70s.

Conservatives won in Canada on an pro-economy agenda (among other things,) my money's on Republicans doing the same in the US. Of them, Bachmann has impressed me the most... though Romney is a close second. Obama's record on the economy is abysmal, the US is up to it's eyeballs in debt... and it's going to come back to haunt him and all Democrats. What will be very interesting to see is if American's vote "the other party," as is usually the case, or if they give people like Ron Paul a chance for the simple reason that they feel the Republicans aren't much better.

I really don't like any of the Republicans. Especially Bachmann and Santorum. It's mostly because of huge differences in social ideals and when I heard the Republicans at the first debate talking, their answers to many of the social questions made me very uncomfortable. Out of all the Republicans, the one I like most is probably Jon Huntsman. Although I still want to do more research on him and see how he develops in his campaign.

I'm definitely leaning Obama right now. I don't think any politician right now is doing a great job with the economy, it seems like neither side is willing to make a compromise in their ideals to find the best solution. I'll definitely be more impressed with the politician/party that is willing to compromise and reach a real solution rather than keep headbutting the other side.

However I still feel pretty ignorant to any of the issues, and I don't want to make an ignorant decision when voting. I really am leaning based on gut feelings and minimal knowledge of the issues right now. The issues being mostly economy/jobs. I guess I'll see how campaigns roll and events unfold until the election. But if the election were tomorrow I'd vote for Obama.
    Forum Rules: Read them. Love them. Follow them. || us4r2: failpie WW Hit
    <@kappy> i let you play, for hours
    <@kappy> then i took away MM privs for awhile because my inbox was spammed
    <@kappy> then, you took the alliance over in a coup

I'd like to see Obama stay in. He hasn't done anything bad imo besides not cleaning up the mess he inherited as quick as some like.

Besides, with all the ******* things the republicans are doing right now like Walker manufacturing a state deficit by giving tax breaks to the wealthy then blaming the money loss on working class people to get rid of unions, using the debt ceiling as a way to get political gains when it's screwing up the economy by not passing an increase, or walking out of the debt ceiling talks when people suggest closing a tax loophole for private jets and such, I really can't see myself voting Republican. I also didn't like that so many of them said as part of their 2010 platform that they wanted to get rid of earmarks, then took a bunch themselves, claiming that it was allowed so why were people complaining.

I don't think I could stand to see what else they'd do. Probably try to privatize social security so their buddies can make a profit while the taxpayers would be required to back their risky investments or get rid of the health care legislation, which would mean that we'd have to pay for everyone without insurance again and I'd highly doubt the insurance companies would drop their rates to the pre-legislation levels anyway, further ripping us off.
    Last edited by beefy; 07-13-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

I ain't voting Republican, that's for damned sure. I'm not voting for Obama either, but I REPEAT MYSELF.

If I wanted someone who would expand Guantanamo, the Patriot act, our foreign wars, privatization, and otherwise bend over backwards to suck off the millionaires and billionaires of wall street, I would have voted for the declared Republican. Unless Obama makes a very nice hard turn to the left, floats a WPA style program, and does other items to create serious change, I'm gone. I know I'm not the only one. Now he's sending signals that he's willing to 'talk about' social security and medicare. I'm no longer willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything, but then again, he's running out of places on my back to stab me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Consul

I don't think Bachmann will stay a front-runner for long. I think her positions are too extreme for the majority of the country (she's already catching flack for her "curing" homosexuality clinic and for comments she made about the conditions of African Americans during slavery as compared to today). I'm thinking Mitt Romney will likely retake the spotlight in the near future.

Of course, Sarah Palin might finally commit and hog up all the media attention for a while until those who have forgotten remember why they don't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Obama's record on the economy is abysmal, the US is up to it's eyeballs in debt... and it's going to come back to haunt him and all Democrats.
    That debt was incurred prior to his presidency (including the wars that were in full swing when Obama took office). As Bill Maher put it, Republicans ordered up a fancy diner, ate well and then skipped out on the tab leaving the Democrats holding the bill.

EDIT: I'm curious as to who the others are that people would like to see run/win. Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Hillary Clinton?
    Last edited by jdurand; 07-13-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Could you please add an option for "Not a ****"?

Consul

Sorry, Kurtz. 12 was the most options I could have or I would have added some additional folks on there who have hinted at a run (Sarah Palin, Rudolph Giuliani or Jess Ventura, Rick Perry)

Maybe I'll vote for Michele what's-her-name.

Just because I think it is high time that the US gets a female president.

Although, given that Obama was't exactly Irish...... perhaps I'll have to wait 4 years before the red necks forget.

After watching recent reports on where Michelle Bachman stands and her husband's clinic thingy, definitely not her.

I will most likely be voting for Obama.

Is there a liberal female running or do they all need to be stuck back into their kitchens and told to stop ********?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Is there a liberal female running or do they all need to be stuck back into their kitchens and told to stop ********?
    Clinton ran against Obama last election, but Obama pretty much has the Democratic nomination since he is the current president. I don't think we'll see too many Democrats or Liberals run against him. We're mostly looking for the Republican that will run against Obama in the next election right now.

And Bachmann may be a woman, but I don't think she's the woman to be President of our country. I almost like Palin more than I like her. Oh, did you know she has 23 foster kids?

I wish Hillary Clinton would run. :/

Quote Originally Posted by F.C. View Post
    I almost like Palin more than I like her.
    That discounts her then.

And Bachmann may be a woman, but I don't think she's the woman to be President of our country. I almost like Palin more than I like her. Oh, did you know she has 23 foster kids?
    My Mother told me yesterday that you are not allowed to have the views she has of gay people and be a foster parent.

Though, that may be a state thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    My Mother told me yesterday that you are not allowed to have the views she has of gay people and be a foster parent.

Explain please?

What views?

Explain please?

What views?
    Dr. Marcus Bachmann's christian counseling center
    Gay people are part of Satan
    Bachmann's Unrivaled Extremism

Basically, she no like the Gays. :/

Consul

Not about homosexuals, but we also can't forget this little ditty of hers:

Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household* than was an African American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.
    Note to Michele: It is generally not a good idea to ever say conditions under slavery were more optimal for black folks than they are now. It probably isn't going to endear you to a demographic that already has issues with your party.

And I love how her husband has the nerve to call himself a doctor when he isn't licensed and appears to be poorly faking even having a degree:

http://www.signorile.com/2011/07/wha...-bachmann.html

(PhD in clinical psychology? Psychologists don't get PhDs; that's a Doctorate of Philosophy. The moron didn't even do the research before falsely claiming to have a degree, and the university he claims to have gotten it from was shut down for having very lax standards on their degrees, anyways... in other words, it was a diploma mill.)

Really speaks volumes about how honest and trustworthy that family is.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Note to Michele: It is generally not a good idea to ever say conditions under slavery were more optimal for black folks than they are now. It probably isn't going to endear you to a demographic that already has issues with your party.
    It was Santorum that also signed that pledge with that clause in it as well, right?

And I also saw something about Bachmann saying that our founding fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery.

Either her or her husband also thinks being gay is a sickness and giving in to those feelings is barbaric. Yet, her and her husband's views seem the more barbaric and out dated ones. Maybe there are more people living out in the US and more conservative Republicans with those views than I think though.

I'm a registered independent and right now the thought of a Republican President frightens me like no ones business.

Either her or her husband also thinks being gay is a sickness and giving in to those feelings is barbaric. Yet, her and her husband's views seem the more barbaric and out dated ones. Maybe there are more people living out in the US and more conservative Republicans with those views than I think though.
    I think they both think that it's a sickness. And from my experience, their views are out-dated. Then again, my experience comes from living in Washington, which is probably going to be one of the next states to pass Gay-Marriage laws.

Quote Originally Posted by aquias View Post
    I'm a registered independent and right now the thought of a Republican President frightens me like no ones business.
    OK, knowing you...... you are left wing. Definitely left wing. Both economically and socially.

Does not a republican president frighten you always?

I mean it does me..... but.....

Consul

There are some Republicans that don't scare me. They tend to be extremely moderate on social issues though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post

I think its more a time period thing she was a foster parent in the 1990s if I remember correctly. A lot has been done for gay rights in the last 11 years.

OK, knowing you...... you are left wing. Definitely left wing. Both economically and socially.

Well republicans have went from being republicans to being libertarians in the last 2 years.
    s1 r3 - Nemain (DSP)
    s5x - Pootang (DB!)

Banned.

I abstain until the debates.

Newt Gingrich is the only decent candidate, yet he has the least chance of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroz View Post
    Idiot.

It's a game, treat it as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I swear to God you are the most frustrating and irritating person I've encountered in over 3 years of posting here. Do I sound like the kind of person that would struggle to understand something, do I come across to you as being below averagely dim ?

I'd even believe you are being obtuse on purpose.

I wonder what all the people who picked Obama think is a "bad President".
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Newt Gingrich is the only decent candidate, yet he has the least chance of winning.
    Yes its hard for the best candidates to make it past the primary. Especially in a year like 2012 will be. Bascially Obama will be the democrat and all. Because only the 20% or so most die hard republicans (the fringe crazies mostly) bother to vote in teh primary the republican candidate will be to off the charts like Bachmann or Palin for the general population to deal with. So, Obama will get 4 more years to sell out his base.
    s1 r3 - Nemain (DSP)
    s5x - Pootang (DB!)

Add " I'm Canadian" to the list, so I can pick it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    This is like Evony except without all the fail.
    You may win every battle, yet still lose the war.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyman26511 View Post
    Add " I'm Canadian" to the list, so I can pick it.
    That would fall under, "Not planning on voting."

Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I wonder what all the people who picked Obama think is a "bad President".
    Idk. Where were you the 8 years under numbah 43, better known as Dubya?

Ron Paul president, Gary Johnson VP.

Moar Libertarian candidates please.

Yeah I'd term myself to the Left :P

And maybe it's just short term memory but I don't recall Republicans being as polarizing as this modern batch has been. I believe that we had some more moderate candidates at some point... the current crop I fully expect to begin hymen testing so they can prosecute women that have sex before marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Sorry, Kurtz. 12 was the most options I could have or I would have added some additional folks on there who have hinted at a run (Sarah Palin, Rudolph Giuliani or Jess Ventura, Rick Perry)
    Like General Patraeus?

Ron Paul seems like a great candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by aquias View Post
    the current crop I fully expect to begin hymen testing so they can prosecute women that have sex before marriage.
    I want that job!

I want that job!
    Ew, see, i don't see why people would want a job like that or gynecology...i mean, yeah, they may like them for intercourse, but a gyno visit isn't hot...at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Ew, see, i don't see why people would want a job like that or gynecology...i mean, yeah, they may like them for intercourse, but a gyno visit isn't hot...at all...
    That, and the people saying such things don't seem to realize that they'll have to look at both unattractive and unhealthy ones as part of their job...

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    That, and the people saying such things don't seem to realize that they'll have to look at both unattractive and unhealthy ones as part of their job...
    Twas but a joke.