View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll

8 25.81%

4 12.90%

2 6.45%

4 12.90%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%

1 3.23%

0 0%

0 0%

2 6.45%

0 0%

6 19.35%

0 0%

1 3.23%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Photography Competition - Round 2 Voting

Default Digital Photography Competition - Round 2 Voting

Round 1

Digital Photo Competition: Round 2 Voting

Theme: LIGHT

Note that all images have been resized and rehosted. Now all photos are 640xsomething, with 640 being the larger of the height or width.

When voting, please bear in mind the following:

- Not everyone has expensive and/or high quality cameras.

- Do NOT vote for your own work. I will be checking. There's a reason this is a public poll.

- This should remain anonymous for the period of voting. As such you are not allowed to bribe or encourage others to vote for your work. Posts which destroy the intended anonymity may be deleted. If you wish to make a reply to any comments about your photo, wait until voting ends, or PM the host of the round who will post on your behalf and hold your anonymity.

- Comments on entries are encouraged, but please try to keep it as constructive feedback. Comments like "lulz dat sux" doesn't help anyone. Keep it friendly.

Voting will last for 7 days, and closes when the poll closes. After that, if there is a tie for first place, there will be a second round of voting with the tied entries, and so on until one winner is chosen.

After this round, we will have one round per month (starting on approximately the first of each month). After the theme is announced, submission will be open for two weeks, followed by one week of voting and one week off before the next round begins.

The prize for each round is 300 gold for any US server account and a custom usertitle for one month. The usertitle is a single, unformatted line of text below your usergroup tag, which will be added by me (and thus will not be anything inappropriate) shortly after voting concludes each round, and will be removed approximately one month later when the next round's winner has their usertitle added.

Thank you and good luck to all entrants!

01:

02:

03:

04:

05:

06:

07:

08:

09:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:

I like number 2, I can't decide if it is dawn showing the promise of the day's heat to come, or if it is a sunset as the day slips into the cool of the night. I like the way the trees are black silhouettes against the the sky.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I like 12, because I like me some awesome cloud pictures.

Consul

I chose 1 just because of the odd way the light is reflecting off the wall behind the lamp...almost looks as though the wall mounted lamp is in a little alcove or something.
    Last edited by jdurand; 08-24-2011 at 11:03 PM.

12 is an amazing piece of work- it is a great view with vivid colours- whoever lives there is lucky!

Banned.

A couple of those I know who they are so I didn't vote for them to keep this fair. Number 3 reminded me of where I was born so I voted for that.

#1 had a neat light effect, but then the picture itself was of a light. So it was a light giving off light in a competition about light. Thus, I voted for it.
    Forum Rules: Read them. Love them. Follow them. || us4r2: failpie WW Hit
    <@kappy> i let you play, for hours
    <@kappy> then i took away MM privs for awhile because my inbox was spammed
    <@kappy> then, you took the alliance over in a coup

lol thats true...but I felt some others were more artistic. They are all amazing entries.

It may surprise you.... but I'm located on Earth O:

I like 2 and 6. Gonna have to go with 2 though.

I really like how the mountain and clouds frame the sunlight in 12. The photo also reminds me of scenes from one of my favorite anime.
    "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."

I was going to do one with soap bubbles, but I forgot again...

I always go for composition so I went with 3...I'm kinda bored of sunset photos XD
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...c/31054ce9.jpg
    Oooohhh shiny favourite alien award!
    http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eForeigner.png
    tunaman43 11:25 PM
    BUT ITS RAINING RAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden
    One man's nightmare is another man's kinky fantasy.

Number one is very well captured. I very well love the way the light shines through the glass encasement onto the wall. It seems as if it's adding an aura of light around the lamp. Very godlike.

Gotta say, with the theme being light, I'm really surprised there is not at least one rainbow in there. At least one of the pics I was planning to submit would have been a rainbow.

I'm torn between a few for my vote. I've always liked the long shutter, streaks of light pictures like 5. The artistic quality of 1 is nice. The reddish sky/light filtering through the clouds pics are beautiful, but then it's hard to pick between them. As I write this, though, I think I've settled on 6. Reminds me of where I used to live and the beach where I was married.

12 reminds me of home. Had a great sunset I wanted to submit but it was not mine it was taken years ago by my mother.
    USX

#7 because of the changing of colors of the as the sunsets across the clouds.
    [4:50 PM] <Jamie> Also I'm NDA
    [8:49 AM] <Josh> Angry saffy is always angry
    [8:49 AM] <Saffy> ^ that too

I voted for the second picture because the contrast is beautiful.

#4 and #11 are tied for second place in my mind. #7 has such vivid color and is a stand out as well.

While #1 is winning in the poll and does have a cool effect, I just thought "too easy" so could not vote for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

This topic was too vague... Need better guidelines... Like the last one.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    This topic was too vague... Need better guidelines... Like the last one.
    Ideas for topics and themes are most welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Josh: You're a Brit. You can't do anything rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by To Be Somebody View Post
    Reserved for my very negative, hate-filled, prejudiced opinion on what Joshyyy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    Death.

War.

Krogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Let me tell you, used tranny fluid tastes nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post
    I know I do a lot of the finger

Round 3: Toy boats!

And number 1 wins it.

Congratulations to Cora. I'll PM you now about the prize.

Thanks to all participants, I've been really impressed with the uptake both in quantity and quality of pics submitted! Let's hope it continues.

---

My entries were 2 and 6. Both of which were taken on my recent vacation. That said, I can't really claim credit for the concept of number 2; it was only when my mom turned around and said I should take a picture that I actually did so, and it was taken with a telephoto lens on...

Regarding next rounds, from now on, we'll get into the monthly routine that I've mentioned before. Ideas for themes are most welcome; this one was very vague, so if you have any ideas then post here and I'll add them to the list if I think they're suitable. Thanks everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Josh: You're a Brit. You can't do anything rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by To Be Somebody View Post
    Reserved for my very negative, hate-filled, prejudiced opinion on what Joshyyy said.

Consul

Grats, Cora! Great picture!

Boobs. Must be shots taken by forum users. Will be interesting.
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

I suspect you'll have to open it to moobs if you want any entries.

We don't want a shirtless picture of you, Fuzznutz. Toy boats is the way to go. Oh, or open it up to just "toys". I can see Yoshiiiiiiiiiii carefully arranging his Pokemon collection now to make it look like Pikachu is playing with the other creatures from the series/game/show... what is pokemon considered?

Anyways, then SS can break out his toy boats, Fuzzy can show us pictures of his Bratz doll collection, and Rambo can enter with his collection of vintage GI Joes still in the boxes. Bella can post her collection of stuffed animals, Sirveri can take a pic of his vintage 1980's Carebear collection, though Suca's My Little Ponies might be a tough one to beat. Burton, Papi, and BB will be having a battle to see who has the best collection of comic book action hero dolls... er, figurines. I may submit a pic of some Star Trek toys. Fighter will show us his Strawberry Shortcake collection but I'm guessing he has the new SBS, not the original. Then the Cat Goddess can show us her assorted Happy Meal Toys from over the years and Chak can amaze us with pictures of his thongs which he will defend as toys when Joshyyyyyyy has to tell him that thongs don't count.

It could be a quite amazing round.

Toys

I likes.

Consul

Don't forget the LOTR figures...I have several dozens of them still in original packaging.

There's also the orginal 1980's era Smurf figurines. I think I still have some of those kicking around somewhere.

Be very specific defining "toys" though. That word doesn't mean for everyone what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Don't forget the LOTR figures...I have several dozens of them still in original packaging.

There's also the orginal 1980's era Smurf figurines. I think I still have some of those kicking around somewhere.

Be very specific defining "toys" though. That word doesn't mean for everyone what you think it means.
    I was trying to come up with a toy genre for you but couldn't. Damn, I could have gone LOTR or Smurf and didn't know it.

You could probably sell off your vintage Smurf stuff on ebay for a nice penny right now. The new movie is coming out. You could make a nice profit from those who want originals.

Consul

Yeah, I got suckered by the LOTR merchandising in a HUGE way. I think I have between 100 and 150 figures boxed away in the garage. Oh, and maps...I have a ton of Middle Earth maps (some are actually pretty damn nice). Oh, and Monopoly. Oh, and Risk...two LOTR versions. Books too...yeah, got a wide assortment of those too.

Not to mention the odd assortment of other little nick-nacks.

I had waaay too much disposable income in the early 2000's.

Grats, Cora! Great picture!
    Thanks jd!

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    ^that XD
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...c/31054ce9.jpg
    Oooohhh shiny favourite alien award!
    http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eForeigner.png
    tunaman43 11:25 PM
    BUT ITS RAINING RAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden
    One man's nightmare is another man's kinky fantasy.

Consul

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    They're actually called "maneries".

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    We don't want a shirtless picture of you, Fuzznutz. Toy boats is the way to go. Oh, or open it up to just "toys". I can see Yoshiiiiiiiiiii carefully arranging his Pokemon collection now to make it look like Pikachu is playing with the other creatures from the series/game/show... what is pokemon considered?

Anyways, then SS can break out his toy boats, Fuzzy can show us pictures of his Bratz doll collection, and Rambo can enter with his collection of vintage GI Joes still in the boxes. Bella can post her collection of stuffed animals, Sirveri can take a pic of his vintage 1980's Carebear collection, though Suca's My Little Ponies might be a tough one to beat. Burton, Papi, and BB will be having a battle to see who has the best collection of comic book action hero dolls... er, figurines. I may submit a pic of some Star Trek toys. Fighter will show us his Strawberry Shortcake collection but I'm guessing he has the new SBS, not the original. Then the Cat Goddess can show us her assorted Happy Meal Toys from over the years and Chak can amaze us with pictures of his thongs which he will defend as toys when Joshyyyyyyy has to tell him that thongs don't count.

It could be a quite amazing round.

Toys

I likes.
    Sounds like ebola just wants an excuse to share her massive toy collection.
    Last edited by Belladonna; 09-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Sirveri can take a pic of his vintage 1980's Carebear collection, though Suca's My Little Ponies might be a tough one to beat.
    I wish. I'd probably take a pic of my wife's barbie collection. She really liked those costumed barbies they had a while back Dolls of the World or something? I dunno.

Found this one. I think we have that one, brand new in original packaging.

There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    I wish. I'd probably take a pic of my wife's barbie collection. She really liked those costumed barbies they had a while back Dolls of the World or something? I dunno.
    You take them out at night when she is sleeping and play with them, don't you?

You take them out at night when she is sleeping and play with them, don't you?
    I'm still here, so that answer is no. If I were to do that I would be disappeared. To her it's like taking a mint Star Wars figure out of the packaging to a nerd. That's a level of pain I don't desire to experience.

There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Consul

As mentioned earlier, all of my LOTR figures are still in original packaging and boxed up to minimize environmental damage in hopes that, one day, they might be worth something.

All those pictures are really good I think, especially the sunset and sky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    I'm still here, so that answer is no. If I were to do that I would be disappeared. To her it's like taking a mint Star Wars figure out of the packaging to a nerd. That's a level of pain I don't desire to experience.
    She would get along well with my aunt. The woman has hundreds of Barbies in the box. She has a whole bedroom for them.

I would take the Star Wars figure out of the package. How else can you play with it and make the cool sound effects?

As mentioned earlier, all of my LOTR figures are still in original packaging and boxed up to minimize environmental damage in hopes that, one day, they might be worth something.
    Let your kids play with them. You would join in the fun of it.

Consul

I gots giiiiiirls!!!

A bit off topic lol.